The Modern Preserver with Kylee Newton. Wednesday 28 April 2021
Kylee Newton is The Modern Preserver.
After growing up in Taranaki, Kylee moved to London where in 2009 she established Newton & Pott, makers of Jams, Preserves and Chutneys. Newton & Pott uses the artisan methods of yesteryear, combined with imaginative and interesting flavour combinations to create a modern take on a classic idea. She shares many of her best recipes in her book The Modern Preserver - think Raspberry & Rose Jam - Bergamot Marmalade - Shallots pickled with Lavender - Spicy Beer or Bourbon Pickles.
Newton & Pott developed a 'cult following' and Kylee's work and her recipes have appeared in The Guardian, The Telegraph and the Evening Standard to name a few. In 2016 Kylee won the Vegetable category of the Young British Food & Drink Awards which honours grassroots talent in the Food & Beverage Industries.
Unfortunately (but fortunately for us) the arrival of Covid-19 saw most of the London based markets Newton & Pott supplied closed for the foreseeable future; so Kylee did what any smart kiwi would do - she came home for a while.....
We are absolutely delighted to be able to host Kylee for a night in our kitchen. Over the course of the evening Kylee will share her years of experience (and trial and error) to allow you to create your own time-capsules in a jar!
A note from Kylee:
"Preserving and longevity is close to my heart and my aim was to adopt this ecological awareness and adapt it to our modern hectic lives. By taking seasonal fruits and vegetables we endeavour to make them last longer with the humble approach of 'waste not, want not'."
We will be serving a grazing board over the course of the evening. We would love it if you would bring something sweet or savoury you have preserved yourself to share. At the conclusion of the evening we will swap these so everyone goes home with something different to try. Please note that this is not compulsory - so please don't go buy anything to bring along - we have loads made so will share these too.
Booking Conditions for Scheduled Culinary Workshops:
· All prices include GST.
· All bookings are confirmed on receipt of full payment and if a place is available.
· Bookings are taken on a first-in, first-served basis. If you have booked, but we have not received your payment, your place is not confirmed.
· In the event that you are unable to attend, you may transfer your booking to another person. Cook the Books must be notified who you are sending in your place, and they must accept our booking terms and conditions.
· Cancellations/no shows will not be refunded, transferred or credited.
· Cook the Books reserves the right to alter or cancel a workshop. In the unlikely event of cancellation, a full refund will be given.
· Please aim to arrive 10 minutes prior to commencement of the workshop. Out of respect to the other participants we aim to start Workshops on time.
· While we will do our best, we cannot accommodate special dietary requirements in all cases. If you are unsure, please ask before booking.
· All food allergies and intolerances must be notified at the time of booking. If you attend a workshop and do not disclose such information, you do so at your own risk
· Cook the Books reserves the right to decline any booking where we believe we are unable to accommodate special dietary requests.
· When you book into a Culinary Workshop you accept and agree to our terms, conditions and booking policy set out above.
· You are responsible for turning up to the class on time and on the day you have booked.
· You will notify us if you wish to transfer your booking to another person.
· We are a business and we make every effort to ensure that this policy is disclosedat the time you book. As such, we won't be able to bend these terms for explanations or excuses for not showing up to an Event or Workshop.
These terms are commonly practiced by other businesses where you are paying for time or professional services. You are paying for our chef’s time and ingredients on the day you book for. This time & these ingredients cannot be used on another day. This is exactly like buying a ticket to a concert - you go at the time you booked for. If you don't - you miss out. It's the same with us.
Our booking policy is very strict and we do not make exceptions to it.
- : Cook the Books
- : Cook the Books
- : STHAMGRILL
- : events
- : Cook the Books Kitchen
- : 6.30pm
- : 2021-04-28