Author(s): Deborah Gray
Healthy smoothies and juices have become a high street sensation with juice bars sprouting up in every town and shopping mall. The reason is simple -these drinks are nature's fast food, and provide a quick snack without processed carbohydrates, fats, or additives.
Easy to prepare, healthy, and nutritious, freshly blended drinks are becoming integrated into our diets. With 1,000 Juices, Green Drinks & Smoothies as a guide, anyone can become a juicing barista and work magic with the simplest ingredients. There is something for everyone, young and old, and for every occasion-from a quick snack on the run or a party punch, to a pick-me-up for those days when you're feeling low. Whether you fancy a flamboyant, taste-tingling cooler, a health- boosting smoothie kick, or a revitalizing detoxifying veggie juice, you will find a wealth of choice in this wonderful comprehensive selection.
This book uses a contemporary design and follows a simple format with full color photography and clear, easy-to-follow instructions. It contains hundreds of delicious recipes, with handy tips, notes on health benefits, and suggestions for special diets throughout.
- Advice on choosing and using equipment
- How to source and prepare the best ingredients
- Nutritional highlights of all major ingredients
- Information on boosting energy, enhancing immunity, and incorporating vitamin supplements into your juices and smoothies
- Advice on selecting the right beverage for a specific occasion